Christmas is synonymous with abundance, but not because of waste. So let’s learn also at the table to re-use in a creative and original way those that until recently we had considered “waste”, to give life to delicious and delicious preparations.
For the roast
230 g of cooked lentils
150 g of cooked meat (chicken, beef …)
100 g of shelled walnuts
1 fresh spring onion
1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon of milk
1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
dry white wine to fade
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
fresh aromas (rosemary, thyme, sage)
For the sauce
300 g of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
Salt to taste.
For Bourbon vanilla extra virgin olive oil
(ingredients for a 500ml bottle)
500 ml of delicate extra virgin olive oil
1 Bourbon vanilla pod of excellent quality
1. Prepare a sauté with two tablespoons of oil, the carrot and the spring onion cut into small pieces. Perfume everything with a sprig of fresh rosemary and add the cooked lentils, add a tablespoon of tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add half a glass of dry white wine and add salt to taste. Remove the sprig of rosemary and let it cool.
2. Cut the cooked meat into small pieces, taking care to remove any ossicles from the chicken. In a mixer whisk the meat, the lentils now warm and the shelled walnuts having the foresight to keep aside a handful. Add to the mixture an egg, a spoonful of milk and fresh thyme. Add a tablespoon of breadcrumbs or more so as to obtain a firm mixture. Season with salt and pepper and complete with the walnuts kept aside and cut coarsely.
3. Prepare a sheet of oiled baking paper, arrange the mixture by molding a sausage about 15 cm long and 8-9 cm wide, wrap it in paper and close the wrapping at both ends. Tie everything with food twine to form the classic cage and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 40 minutes.
4. In the meantime, prepare the rosé sauce: fry a piece of chopped spring onion with a tablespoon of oil, add the tomato sauce, season with salt and season. If the tomato is too sour, add a pinch of sugar to balance the taste. Once warm, blend the sauce so that it becomes a homogeneous cream and add 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, add salt and pepper and keep.
5. Remove the roast from the oven and let it cool: cooling will become very hard. Once cooled open the paper and give a final browning in the pan with oil and herbs.
6. Cut into slices and serve with the warm pink sauce and a salad of mixed salad seasoned with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil with vanilla.
Preparation of extra virgin olive oil with Bourbon vanilla
This dressing is prepared in advance and is kept for a long time as a normal oil, can be used to flavor different dishes, the vanilla goes well with white meat and fish, vegetables such as pumpkin, artichokes and tomatoes.
To prepare it, slightly heat the oil in a saucepan, adding the vanilla pod cut lengthwise, being careful not to bring it to a boil (maximum 70 ° C).
Allow to macerate covering with film for 12 hours, then pour out everything, oil and berry, in a glass bottle and close with a stopper. Store in the dry, in the dark and protected from heat.