This is the name of the dish we have chosen for you; Panpepato with mandarin sorbet.
150 g of mixed dried fruit including almonds, pine nuts, pistachios
75 g of dark chocolate
60 g of soaked and squeezed raisins
100 g of chestnut honey
100 g of 00 flour
30 g of candied orange
cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper q.b.
For the mandarin sorbet
500 g of mandarin juice
200 g of natural mineral water
80 g of caster sugar
1.5 g of sorbet stabilizer
2 g of food gelatine (soaked and squeezed)
For the nutty crunchy
100 g of minced hazelnuts
100 g of dark chocolate
50 g of almond flour
150 g of 00 flour
150 g of sugar
150 g of butter
a pinch of salt
1. To prepare the gingerbread, chop the dried fruit and chocolate coarsely. In a steel boule gather the dried fruit, chocolate, raisins and candied fruit; mix and keep aside.
2. In a pan heat the honey and pour it quickly on the previously prepared mixture. Stir until the chocolate has melted (if necessary, place the steel container in a bain-marie).
3. At this point add the spices and flour, mix and place all in a plate lined with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 170 ° C and cook the cake for about 20 minutes.
4. For the mandarin sorbet, bring a pan with water and sugar to the stove. Check the temperatures with the help of a kitchen thermometer. At 47 ° C combine the stabilizer while continuing to mix. Once you reach 60 ° C, add the food gelatine and bring it to 75 ° C.
5. Remove from heat and emulsify. Allow the mixture to cool and add the mandarin juice. Put everything in ice cream maker and let it cream.
6. Finally prepare the crunchy hazelnut, adding the butter to the sugar until you obtain a sandy mixture. At this point add the remaining ingredients, thus obtaining a compact dough. Compose a dough and place it in the freezer to freeze.
7. Once frozen, grate it with a large-sized grater and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Put everything in the fridge and let it stand for half an hour.
8. Preheat the oven to 170 ° C and cook the crisp for about 15 minutes taking care to move it at least a couple of times during cooking.
9. Once ready, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes; in the meantime melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and with the help of the planetary mix the chocolate with the warm crispy.
10. Once you have obtained a homogeneous mixture, arrange everything on a baking sheet and allow it to cool definitively, there will be many small pebbles.
11. Finally, compose the dish with the hazelnut brittle, the chopped gingerbread and the mandarin sorbet.