These little mummies will win over your heart and your stomach! They are just so darned cute you don’t want to eat them but trust me, once you have one you will be heading back for more! These little Halloweeño Jalapeño Popper Mummies are so easy to make, too. I always say you could wrap Crescent Roll dough on a shoe and it would taste good but the jalapeño popper is such a good compliment to the buttery, crispy Crescent Roll wrapping.They are a perfect addition to your Halloween appetizer spread or to bring to a Halloween party. These will disappear quickly so you might want to make two batches!
The most time consuming part is the wrapping of the mummies– but it really only takes abut 30 seconds for each one once you get going and get into a groove.
HALLOWEEÑO JALAPEÑO POPPERS
- 10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and pith/ seeds removed (use rubber gloves so your hands don’t burn from the jalapeño). Leave the stem if you can on some or all of the halves.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces jack cheese, shredded
- 1 scallion (green onion), finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls (I use Pillsbury)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- candy eyeballs (can be purchased at Michael’s or on Amazon)
- Preheat oven 400° F. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, jack cheese, scallion and salt until well blended.
- Roll out the crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles (not triangles) with a perforation in the middle of each. Press your fingers into the perforations to seal them. Using a pizza cutter, cut each rectangle into 10 long pieces lengthwise.
- Fill each jalepeño half with the cheese mixture. Wrap each jalapeño half with the dough, leaving a space for the eyes. Use two pieces of dough if necessary. Brush with egg mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press the eyes into the cheese where the opening is. Serve immediately.
We recommend for you: Birthday Cake Ice Cream