This is the name of the dish we have chosen for you; Creamed cod with cream of thistles.
400 g of soaked and deluded cod
100 g boiled potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
300 ml of milk
1 clove of garlic
1 white onion
For the cream of thistles
1 bunch of white thistles
500 ml of milk
50 g of flour
2 star anise berries
salt and pepper
For the corn waffle
100 g of water
50 g of extra virgin olive oil
10 g of cornstarch
2 g of black ink
1. Cut the cod already deprived of its skin into pieces, brown it with garlic and onion. At this point take the pieces of fish, place them in another pan and continue cooking with milk and potatoes.
2. Cook for about 30 minutes and then blend to obtain a soft but not liquid mixture.
3. Prepare the cream of thistles: clean the thistles, remove the filaments and cut into strips. Put them in the batter of milk and flour and pour into a pan with the addition of 1.5 liters of water and the two berries of star anise.
4. Cook for an hour, correct with salt and pepper, plenty of nutmeg, remove the star anise and blend. Finally, sift to obtain a fluid and creamy sauce.
5. In the meantime, prepare the wafer: add the mixture to a batter and cook in a non-stick pan. Store on absorbent paper.
6. Place the creamed cod, the cardoon sauce and the corn waffle on the plate.